Sponsoring a Student
Who is right for the program
Profile of a sponsoring company
The EMBA program is for companies who seek a competitive advantage based on exceptional strategic and operational management. By equipping your rising leaders with advanced management practices and a broad perspective, your organization will emerge with the executive leadership needed to develop winning business strategies for today’s global economy.
Profile of a sponsored candidate
The MIT EMBA program is for high-potential leaders who are taking on increasing responsibility. The program is suited for senior management and rising leaders who are:
- a key part of their organization’s leadership development plan
- assuming increased responsibility and positioned to lead organizational change
- seeking an advanced management education to complement functional expertise
- confronting growth challenges that require new approaches
- leading critical functions in the organization and are too valuable to lose to a full-time professional development program—or to another organization
Successful applicants hold leadership positions that are at the executive committee, business unit, or functional level, and are identified by their sponsor as a key part of the company’s leadership development plan. We work with company sponsors to help them determine who is most likely to be accepted into the program.
How the sponsorship process works
We collaborate with leading organizations to develop high potential leaders into extraordinary executives. To find out more information, or to begin the sponsorship process, please contact Beth Chartier at email@example.com or 617.324.6640.
We work together to prepare your best leaders for the opportunities and challenges ahead. The sponsorship process includes:
1. An initial conversation to introduce you to the MIT EMBA and to understand your leadership development priorities
2. Discussion of possible candidate(s)
3. Nomination of candidate(s)
4. Candidate pre-application interview
5. Candidate completion of the admissions application
6. Candidate on-campus interviews
7. Admission committee decision
Throughout the sponsorship process we seek to align your leadership development priorities with MIT’s distinct educational resources and management insights.
“Being at MIT puts us at the forefront of world-changing innovations. Take the MIT Energy Initiative (MITEI)—the multidisciplinary research underway will transform the next generation of policy design and technology development. Being a part of the MIT community puts me in a perfect position to be a vital link between MITEI and my company.”
Ajay Mehta ’13
Shell International Exploration & Production Inc.
- Read about the program projects that will bring leading business practices to your organization
- Read answers to frequently-asked questions about sponsorship
- See other sponsoring organizations
Questions about sponsorship?
Contact: Beth Chartier
Corporate Sponsor Relations
MIT Executive MBA Program
“At MIT, they appreciate when you do things differently, when you question conventional wisdom. In fact, it’s one of the only places I can think of where I’ve been encouraged not to settle for the status quo.”
Kara Cleveland ‘13
Vice President and COO
Eureka Connect Research