At a Glance
The MIT Executive MBA Program: The Basics
What distinguishes the MIT EMBA Program
- An elite mid-career cohort
- A scientific approach to management
- Applied learning through in-company projects
- General management core curriculum
- Specialization through 3 elective periods
- A global brand and network
- A schedule designed to complement your professional and personal priorities
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 20 months: September 2019 to May 2021
- 26 weekend sessions (Friday/Saturday)
- 4 weeklong executive modules
- 1 weeklong international Action Learning project trip
Cohort (Class of 2020)
- 126 global executives
- Broad range of industries and sectors
- Average years of work experience: 17
- Average age: 41
- Students with advanced degrees: 59%
- Director-level and above: 83%
- International origin: 48%
- Non-local (outside of driving radius): 66%
- Employed full time: 100%
- Minimum of 10 years professional work experience
- Fluent English
- 2 recommendations; a 3rd is optional (at least one should come from your organization, preferably a supervisor/superior)
- Distinguished work history
Dates and Deadlines for Class of 2021 (Matriculating September 2019)
- The Application for the Class of 2021 is open.
- Deadline 1: January 3, 2019
- Deadline 2: March 14, 2019
- Final Deadline: May 30, 2019 (11:59pm ET)
- Review the program schedule.
- Get details about the curriculum.
- Learn more about the admissions process.
"The course System Dynamics is a perfect example of why MIT Sloan is still the leading choice for thought leadership and innovation."
Rod Massey '12