At a Glance
The MIT Global Executive MBA: The Basics
What distinguishes MIT’s Global EMBA Program
- An elite mid-career cohort
- A scientific approach to management
- Applied learning through in-company projects
- General management core curriculum
- Specialization through 3 elective periods
- A global brand and network
- A schedule designed to complement your professional and personal priorities
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 20 months: September 2021 to May 2023
- 26 weekend sessions (Friday/Saturday)
- 4 weeklong executive modules
- 1 weeklong international Action Learning project trip
Cohort (Class of 2020)
- 126 global executives
- Broad range of industries and sectors
- Average years of work experience: 17
- Average age: 41
- Students with advanced degrees: 59%
- Director-level and above: 83%
- International origin: 48%
- Non-local (outside of driving radius): 66%
- Employed full time: 100%
- Minimum of 10 years professional work experience
- Fluent English
- 2 recommendations; a 3rd is optional (at least one should come from your organization, preferably a supervisor/superior)
- Distinguished work history
Dates and Deadlines for Class of 2023 (Matriculating September 2021)
- The Application for the Class of 2023 is now open.
- Review the program schedule.
- Get details about the curriculum.
- Learn more about the admissions process.
“This program is an essential mid-career recalibration. I’m here to broaden and deepen my skill sets, to dig deeper, to look at things more analytically, and to extend my network beyond my industry."
Ed Walsh ’13
VP of Strategy and Growth Initiatives